Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 2-6 Review Spring Cleanse

Goji Bear - I can't get enough of these berries.

Day 2-  I made my detox tea, dandelion root, licorice root and fennel seeds. Dinner Roasted Game hen and beets. Days 1-3 Meat protein is ok

Day 3 - My soaked almonds reminded me of climbing Almond tree at me aunts house and eating them right out of the husk. I had not thought of that in a long time, miss those days.

Dad and I went out mussel picking and clam digging in Tomales bay. I got a boat load of mussels and my limit of clams. I harvested some fresh sea kelp to have with dinner.
Dinner: Giant clam, I found two and made a caperberry aioli, a great sauce for fried fish. 
Not really on the cleanse menu, so just a little plus lots of veggies. 

Day 4 - This is difficult, did ok at whole foods for lunch, greens and kelp with a pineapple aqua fresca. But dinner, I made more veggies but I have these fresh clams. So I made the best clam chowder ever. I will post a recipe latter.  Try again tomorrow. 

Day 5 - Bok choy soup,  it is difficult to find any flavor with just a mineral broth as the base. I added Arame, a sea kelp and dulse flakes but still not much flavor. Added sesame oil and seeds.
I am really use to my overly salty chicken stock as a base. 

Day 6 - Still starting the day with lemon water, supplements of fish oil, flax oil, triphala and then a flax and rice protein shake. I am enjoying the shake, vanilla flavored so at least I can drink it.

Added a few mussels to the Bok Choy soup. I think this is turning into a real dish now. I would add either soba or udon noodles, a touch of soy and perhaps a little sake.  Garnish with Daikon radish sprouts. I think the hardest part of the cleanse has been trying to change the way I cook.






No comments:

Post a Comment